What is the Admix PlayerInfo module and why is it needed?
The PlayerInfo module is a pop-up to ask your users specific questions, like what their age or gender is. It's used by Admix to tailor the ads presented to your users based on their responses. For example, alcohol ads are blocked by Admix by default but, with the PlayerInfo pop-up in place, Admix can serve alcohol ads to users above 21 years of age in the USA and 18 years in Europe. Better targeted ads like this can increase your revenue.
How it works
By default Admix blocks various types of advertising content to prevent them being served, mainly when the content is prohibited to promote to kids and teens. For example:
- The lottery
- Fast food
- Sugary drinks
These ads can, however, be served to adults above the legal age of consumption (which varies per country) which unlocks extra potential ad revenue for you.
With the PlayerInfo pop-up you can enable these ad categories as an additional revenue stream by ensuring that these restricted ads are only served to users who specify an age above the legal limit.
To enable the PlayerInfo pop-up, follow the steps below. The popup will not be shown all the time to avoid disrupting your game, and will only be shown when advertisers willing to serve these ads are available through our network.
Note: in the future, more PlayerInfo settings will be available through our developer platform. For now, please contact your account manager for details.
- Unity 2017.4, Unity 2018.4, Unity 2019.4, Unity 2020.1
- Android 6.0+
- SDK 2.2+
- Install the Admix SDK2.2. Open the Admix plugin UI and choose your project, then click on 'Sync Placements.'
- Go to /Assets/Admix/AdmixAssets/Popup tool assets/prefabs/ in your file manager.
- Drag and drop the 'PopupInitializer' prefab to the scene where you want to initialize the PlayerInfo popup;
Please note, PlayerInfo popup will come up once Admix is initialized and if 'PopupInitializer' prefab is added to the scene. If you want to change when Admix is initialized, please refer to this article.
- Run the project. If the 'Question' option is enabled for your project and geolocation you'll see the popup with questions from Admix, displayed in the default theme.
About template prefabs
There are two types of question templates. The first template has two available answer options, and is generally used for age focused questions. The second template has three available answer options, and is usually used for gender questions
Please note! Questions and options to answer will be received from the Admix servers. They will be automatically inserted into the template prefab during the PlayerInfo popup initialization.
Each template has two prefabs for different screen modes - one for portrait and one for landscape. Admix will automatically instantiate the correct prefab based on the device's screen orientation.
Prefabs are located at: /Assets/Admix/AdmixAssets/Popup tool assets/prefabs/Templates/
Please note! Prefabs are customizable. Feel free to modify background pictures, logos, button design, and fonts.
The answer given by the user becomes a value that will be used within each Admix ad request.
- Please only use one 'PopupInitializer' prefab in the scene where you want to launch the PlayerInfo popup.
- Instantiating the 'PopupInitializer' prefab from code won't work as it is tied with Admix's initialization. Therefore, it should be prepared in the Unity Editor for the scene it's being used in instead.
- Admix detects screen orientation to choose which PlayerInfo template to instantiate during Admix's initialization.