Once you set your app as Live in the Store, and you have an active userbase, you will start generating revenue. This article outlines the process in the weeks following going Live on the Store.
After going Live on the Admix Developer Platform, your traffic will immediately be forwarded to our ad network partners. While some of them will start buying immediately, most networks will neeed to whitelist your app bundle before they buy. Whitelisting includes a fraud test that checks the provenance of your traffic and how organic it is, and can take up to a few days.
While this happens, you should already see impressions count and early revenue growing on your analytics dashboard. Congratulations - it's only about scaling from here!
Following successful whitelisting, our exchange partners start buying your traffic slowly to understand its performance. Here are the factors that come in consideration:
- consistent supply. Better to have consistent traffic through the week rather than bursts that make it look inorganic.
- organic traffic. The more organic your traffic the better, as opposed to inventivized or bought traffic
- engaged audience. The longer your users stay in your app, the more often they come back, the higher quality traffic and the better rates you'll get.
- geo provenance. While our exhanges are able to buy worldwide, they have a preference for US/EU traffic, and pay a lot more for it. The more users in these areas, the more revenue you'll make.
Basically, the more premium and successful your app is, the more advertisers will like it and ramp up their budget.
If your app still isn't whitelisted after a week, your account manager will contact you.
If your inventory performs well according to the points above, you can expect your revenue to keep increasing until reaching a certain level of maturity in week 3 or 4. Of course, we are always adding more advertising partners, so if your app remains succesful over time, your revenue will keep increasing.
After a succesful launch month, your app can also be selected by advertisers for premium campaigns with much higher CPMs. More info on this soon.
Example revenue curve for an app launching 1st of August (about 100k DAU)
- Week 1. App goes live, gets whitelisted, first signs of revenue.
- Week 2. Advertisers start to increase budgets.
- Week 3. Further increased budgets. After the peak revenue (expected over a week end), the revenue stabilises higher than the week before.
- Week 4. Revenue stable and increases, the highs get higher and lows get higher as well: path to becoming a succesful app!
Please note this chart is for indication only. It represents a typical first month of revenue for a succesful app but in no way guarantees results.
To forecast the revenue you can expect, please use our Revenue Calculator or contact your account manager.